Lee Marvin Carter, M.D.

Born Again: July 2, 1975
Place: At the Altar in Church



His Testimony

On Wednesday morning, July 2, 1975, during the morning service, a congregational testimonial service was held instead of a preaching service. Many good saints of the church stood and told of their experience of salvation and how much God had done for their lives. As always, for those present, it was a wonderful spiritual time. An altar call was given when all had spoken what was placed on their hearts, but I could not respond. I knew mentally at that time that I needed to repent and seek forgiveness for my unbelief, but the weight building inside of me was still bearable. Since no one came forward for prayer, a Christian fellowship handshake was called for. As the members and visitors mingled, shaking hands with one another, hugging one another, and expressing their love for each other, the full weight of my lost spiritual state fell upon my heart. I went forward to the altar with my mother to pray. I know from past experience, that the saved present fell on their knees in the altar and prayed many prayers in my behalf. I remember at one point my mother saying in my ear to "Turn it all over to God and ask him to save you." I remember little of time or space until I heard Sis. Emma Davis praying from the altar for me. Someone watching me saw me relax my hold on my mother and stop crying. Within my spiritual self, I suddenly felt that the weight of sin was no longer upon me and that it was OK to relax. I was no longer burdened and distraught nor repentant as I had sensed just moments before. At that moment, I knew I was no longer lost for God had removed the pain and agony I felt. I had "been to Calvary." No one had to tell me what had happened or what God had done for me because the answer came from inside me. I spoke into my mother's ear and told her that the Lord had saved me. The church rejoiced with me with many shouts of joy. I heard my father say, "My family is now whole in heaven." As the people came around to shake my hand, each face looked brighter than ever before, and I chose not to shake hands but hug every neck that came by. As soon as the service was over, I had my parents carry me to the nearest telephone so I could call my brother to tell him the news. When we spoke, he had already heard it from a cousin who had been at the service that morning, Good news can travel fast.


Kate Carter

Born Again: June 20, 2003
Where: In the Ladies Restroom at Huntingdon Missionary Baptist Church

Her Testimony

On Sunday night, the first night of revival in 2003 on June 20, while the choir was singing their first song, I started to really listen to the words and started to think that if I died right then that I would go to hell. I thought also about what I was feeling in my heart and then I realized I was lost.
I started to get really scared so I went to the women’s bathroom and started to pray and I thought it went away. I started to go back into the sanctuary and as I started to open the door, the feeling came back. I ran back to the restroom. I prayed and prayed. Then, I felt it go away. I knew for sure I was saved. Since that day I have never forgotten the joy of being saved.

[ Home | Testimonies | Next | Contact Us ]